Sixth Month of the Year '14

21 August 2014

I think I'm safe to say that life is busy. You may be aware of this as we are in August and I am just updating you on June!

Lolly Pops for the Ferry Trip
June started off with a trip to Kangaroo Island with Mum and Dad. We initially went over for their monthly markets but also enjoyed a walk around town, dinner at a local pub and the adventure through the rain back to the ferry. Since then I have finished my KI tomato chutney and Jamie is well and truly through his KI sweet chilli sauce. We had a great day!

This month marks one year of Jamie and I owning our little unit. As one year passed of living out of the Adelaide Hills, June 2014 beings a new routine of spending three days a week back in my hometown with a new job! Through a lovely friend, I got a new office job working in a construction company. Jamie and I are already notice how having a little extra income, takes some stress away.


On the 6th until the 9th of June, Jamie and I spent the weekend camping at Rapid Bay. We set up camp in the dark on the Friday night and enjoyed the beautiful weather, some fishing, some local shopping and daily drives all weekend. Was a great trip away and we even had freshly caught fish for breakfast one morning! The scenery of this trip reminded me how amazing our God is. 


Jamie and I bought a new car!! I was a little hesitant about this decision but I put my trust in Jamie and I’m so glad I did. We purchased a Mitsubishi Outlander (a.k.a white 4wd-y thing), with plans to take it on many adventures and stay with us for years to come.

Another excitement for the month was Jamie’s 22nd birthday! Woo! I woke up super early and treated Jamie to eggs and bacon in bed for breakfast, followed by some present opening. We then (after Jamie’s request) shared sushi for lunch and Chinese for dinner. Although it was Jamie’s birthday, I feel like benefited from it too! It was a yummy day.

Other things that happened in June were:
-      We attended one footy match at Adelaide Oval
-      We went to Hungry Hippos cafĂ© with Ben & Laura
-      I played mixed netball on Tuesday night and travelled to the hills for netball on  Saturdays
-      Hosted an afternoon at our house watching the showdown with friends
-      Church young adults board game night

No comments:

Post a Comment